Inspired by other people sharing their workspace photos and description, I thought it'd be fun to share my own setup of home-office workstation. I find very interesting to read what people use to do their work, it allows to find ideas or refresh own setup.
Let's get started!
On an everyday basis, I use my MacBook Pro 15” 2017. This laptop allows me to work no matter where am I, furthermore provides comfortable work even without a mouse.
On my desk, it stands on TwelveSouth HiRise for MacBook to be on the same level with a monitor.
My main screen is the 27 inch UHD 4K Monitor | LG 27UD69P | LG UK, it has an adjustable height feature which I find very useful in combination with a height-adjustable Desk. In addition, it supports orientation change but I use it very rarely. As for now, I don't feel I need two monitors, my MacBook plays the role of a second one where I can keep less important windows. On the LG monitor, I usually keep code editor and browser windows to check my work.
Everyday sitting is damaging our body, so I decided to build an electric height-adjustable desk based on Conset 501-33 and custom light-colored countertop. Not to say that I spend a lot of time standing but it helps to increase productivity a bit. In addition, you can dance while listening to music 😀.
The main purpose of the PC is to play games in my free time or to run Linux when I'm bored with Mac OS.
- 🎧 Headphones: Apple AirPods. Pretty cool combination to a Mac or iPhone.
- 🖱 Mouse: Logitech MX Master. Simply the best mouse I ever had. It has hot-keys configuration with which you can configure your mouse to switch between windows or desktops same fast as on touchpad or Apple Mouse.
- ⌨️ Keyboard: Logitech K760. Old but still good. The only thing I'm feeling not comfortable with is missing music control keys.
- 🧰 Multi-port adapter: Satechi Type-C multi-port adapter. It's still painful to have only type-c ports. Note that it doesn't support [email protected]
- 📦 NAS: Synology DiskStation DS218j. Backups and Media storage.
- 🎒 Bag: Thule EnRoute Triumph 2 Daypack, Dark Shadow. My must-have thing when I go outside. It has only 24 liters but it’s enough for me to put everything into it even for a small few-days travel.
- 🖱 Mouse #2: Apple Magic Mouse 2. I’m using it rarely as after MX master I don’t find this mouse to be comfortable.
- Chair: Unknown office chair. Going to replace it someday with an orthopedic one.